Tuesday

Where In the World Are American Travelers?


After revisiting Italy by means of iphoto, I recently caught a mild case of the travel bug. I got to thinking about the world's top travel destinations. I couldn't seem to find a user-friendly snapshot of the entire world's travel patterns, but I did stumble across a list of top destinations for Americans. According to a September 2009 post on ForbesTraveler.com, American's travel most to our neighbors to the south and north. While the majority of countries unsurprisingly saw a decrease in number of travelers, Columbia saw a 21% increase. Presumably the increase can be attributed to a mixture of heightened security, cultural variety, and beautiful landscapes speckled with coffee plantations. Italy, on the other hand, saw the biggest decrease (down 18%) from the previous year. Could be one negative side effect to having a "strong" currency. While I don't feel the need to dissect every possible culprit for changes in travel, I am interested in seeing what travel looked like in 2009 for the millions of broke, swine flu fighting Americans. I'll stay on the lookout.





Top 10:
Mexico
Canada
United Kingdom
France
Italy
Germany
Japan (tied)
Jamaica
People's Republic of China
Spain

1 comment:

  1. If we understand things that are factors on the terms which are good at great ways 1000 island boat tour helps me the most that are supportive.

    ReplyDelete