Monday

a movie of unhidden truths

I saw the film The Invention of Lying over the snowy weekend and found myself utterly enthralled by the honest insights pouring out of the lie-less world. From the woman who orders a caesar salad because she doesn't want to gain weight but feels she deserves something that tastes good, to the waiter who becomes more embarrassed of his profession when the customer is beautiful, and the man who returns the bottle of wine not because he doesn't like it but because he wants to appear revered, these characters simply tell it how it is. Although the writers poke fun at advertising ( but I have to say I smiled when I read "Pepsi- for when they don't have Coke"), our evolutionary instincts and religion, its a very funny movie and just a trip for insight-hunters.

No comments:

Post a Comment